Tribulation (Part 1) -The Seals are Opened
Title: Tribulation (Part 1) -The Seals are Opened
Text: Revelation 6-8:1
Main Idea: God’s Kingdom is Coming; His Will is Being Done
I. Six Seals are Broken (Revelation 6)
§ Seal 1: White Horse bringing false peace (Vv.1-2)
o Lawless One
§ 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
§ Daniel 9: 20-27
§ Seal 2: Red Horse bringing war (Vv.3-4)
o Daniel 11: 36-39
o Matthew 24: 6-7
§ Seal 3: Black Horse bringing famine (Vv.5-6)
§ Seal 4: Pale Horse bringing death (Vv.7-8)
§ Seal 5: Martyred Remnant (Vv.9-11)
§ Seal 6: Anarchy (Vv.12-17)
II. Tribulation Saints (Revelation 7)
· God Seals His own (Vv.1-3)
· Those redeemed through the Tribulation
o Jewish- 144k (12 of each Tribe) (Vv. 4-8)
o Gentile- A multitude beyond Number (Vv.9-17)
III. Seventh Seal is Broken (Revelation 8:1)
· When Heaven is silent
Going deeper questions (Small Group)
· What stood out to you about this message and why?
· Looking at the Four Horsemen, which one stands out to you and why?
· Considering that all pieces are led into place before the events of Revelation 6- 8 unfold, how possible is it that we are presently a part of the generation that will see this happen (verbally sketch your view)? Does this inspire you to know and live for God with greater intimacy?
· Do these chapters show a God who is in our outside of control over human history? If in control, does His Sovereignty give you confidence to tell people about His coming judgment?