The Morning Everything Changed!
Title: The Morning Everything Changed!
Series: Easter Sunday 2018
Text: Supporting Texts
Main Idea: Resurrection changed everything- live this Truth!
I. Two Parallel Roads (Matthew 27:62-28:15)
§ Guards placed outside of the Tome (Vv.62-66)
o Fear that death was not the end of Jesus!
§ Guards stand in fear because death was not the end!
o Two women go to Jesus’ tomb (28:1)
o An earthquake & angelic declaration (Vv.2-8)
o Jesus- ALIVE! (Vv.9-10)
§ Guards appease their conscious with security (Vv.11-15)
II. When Jesus Opens Our Eyes to See (Luke 24:35)
§ Two travelers are joined by a stranger
o Jesus is not immediately recognized (Vv.13-16)
o They tell this stranger what they know (Vv.17-24)
o This stranger connects the dots (Vv.25-27)
§ A Meal that changed everything
o They see Jesus with their heart & eyes! (Vv.28-32)
o They ran back to Jerusalem to spread the word (Vv.33-35)
III. Jesus Opens our Hearts to Receive (John 20:19-23)
§ The Disciples are hiding out of fear (Vv.19-20)
o Jesus appears and drives out their fear
§ The Disciples are sent out on Gospel Mission! (Vv.21-23)
IV. The Gospel Invitation Continues…
· The guards story continues to be told; disbelief of Resurrection (Jesus was a good teacher, leader, humanitarian, etc.)
· The Gospel Truth continues to be lived; Jesus is our Savior, Healer, Sanctifier and soon Returning King!
Going deeper questions (SMall Group)
· What stood out to you about this message and why?
· Describe the difference between the guards lie and the Gospel truth? How are both present today?
· How essential is Resurrection to the Gospel?
· How does your life reflect the reality of the Resurrection?