Sardis- Watchmen, Wake Up!
Topic: Sardis- Watchmen, Wake Up!
Title: Sardis- Watchmen, Wake Up!
Text: Revelation 3:1-6
Main Idea: God’s Love Calls Us to Life!
- Heritage of the Watchmen (Ezekiel 3:15-21)
- From farms, to city walls the Watchmen come.
- Called from among the people, Ezekiel must speak what he hears & sees from God.
- A two-fold message from the Watchmen:
- Repent from Sin, turn to God (Salvation)
- Live out your new life (Relationship)
- The Legacy Continues (Revelation 3:1-3)
- God steps into the lives of the people (v.1)
- Watchmen failed the City, twice!
- The threat comes from within not without
- Outward: Alive / Inward: Dead
- The Call to Wake Up! (v.2)
- Strengthen what remain- death is overtaking.
- The Warning of continued neglect (v.3)
- A sick church hurts the work of the Kingdom.
III. Time to Move Forward (Revelation 3:4-6)
- Identify & Empower those who can lead others
- Continue the Course
- We haven’t arrived; celebration will come!
- Let the inward flow outward: Alive & ALIVE!
- Colossians 4:2-6
Going deeper questions (SMall Group)
- What stood out to you about this sermon and why?
- Who serves as a watchmen (person) in your life? Are you this for someone else? If not, why not?
- How can we be “awake” and fulfill our duties as watchmen over our own lives? How can we be faithful in this to others?
A hypocritical church is dangerous. How can we keep the masks off and live genuinely? How will Cornerstone avoid the danger of becoming like believers in Sardis?